When you are running your own business, particularly one from home, balancing your time or taking time off can be a challenge. Inevitably, the to-do list is too long or you receive an email at 9.53pm that you just have to answer there and then.
Here’s 10 ways you can tell you’re overdue for a day off
- It’s Thursday, but you believe your kids/partner/mother when they tell you its Friday and you think you’ve been on the computer for so long you missed a day.
- You give an exasperated sigh and yell “in a minute!” when the microwave goes off – does no one understand how busy you are.
- You start using the washing machine as a timer to make sure you get off your chair and go outside.
- You hear the washing machine beep although you can’t remember if the cycle ended five minutes ago or two days ago.
- You forget exactly where “outside” is and how to get there from your office.
- You speak to people in emoticons and acronyms, i.e. “That was funny, LOL.”
- Your family resembles seagulls and have gone beyond “I’m hungry” and have started begging you to “please go shopping for food!”
- You’re asked what you’re up to on the weekend and have to dredge your brain to recall what the term actually means.
- You’ve located your shoes in the freezer on more than one occasion, but you’re not overly bothered because you haven’t had a need to wear them.
- Your default statement is “give me a minute!” whenever someone speaks to you.
In fact, these 10 reasons are also the reasons that it may be time to hire a Virtual Assistant. You can be running your business and your home more efficiently and I am here to help you achieve a greater work/life balance.