For many years during the holiday break I find myself like many others do, work on setting new goals, revisiting what worked and what didn’t work prior and prioritizing and thinking forward for the New Year.
Instead of my typical regiment during this time of year, this year I have decided to do something different, at least for me this is new.
Inspired by my mentors recent blog post So Long 2011…Welcome 2012! my New Year’s theme word is going to evolve around the word Self-discipline.
Self-discipline can be defined as the ability to motivate oneself in spite of a negative emotional state. Qualities associated with self-discipline include willpower, hard work, and persistence.
Therefore in 2012 I vow ….
- To work on my business ideas and projects immediately so that my clients can benefit
~Launch and Co-Author a new blog to highlight and help market self-published authors
~Finish my products (seminars, ebooks, and reports)
~Maximize the use of affiliate programs I am a member of
- Workout more and make healthier eating habits for myself and my family
- Wake early to work on myself – thanks to a good friend Pam for referring The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo
- Only check email a few of times per day at particular times
- Focus on my target market and those that will help drive my business
- Virtually work smarter, not harder
In finding some inspiration I came across this video that seems suiting for this post, I hope you too will find it powerful.
This short film illustrates the power of words to radically change your message and your effect upon the world.
Here’s to a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year!
I am looking forward to growth in the coming year
and wish you the same.
I would love to hear your thoughts on 2012…have you thought of your “one word?” Please do share in the comments!